How to Bug-Proof Your Backyard Deck
While it is inevitable to come across a few insects and other outdoor creatures, these pests should not keep you away from enjoying your own backyard. If you have identified a pest problem, contact an exterminator in Vancouver for backyard pest control and reclaim your outdoor
5 Tips for Backyard Pest Control
Backyard decks are the perfect place to spend your summer but nothing ruins the fun like dealing with some uninvited guests. Fortunately, there are many useful tactics that will preserve the life of your deck and keep it pest free all summer long.
Here are a few simple tips to keep your deck pest free this summer:
● Inspect Patio and Screen Doors - Look for any damage to your deck or screen door. Pests love to make their homes in holes left by rotting wood and can easily wander into your home without proper screens in place. Repair and replace these areas as necessary.
Your deck also requires regular maintenance to keep it pest free. Use a power washer to get rid of dirt and debris and conserve the surface with a stain and seal.
● Install Mesh Screens - Install hanging mesh screens around the perimeter of your deck to keep pests out. Screens have the added benefit of creating a more private deck space. Mosquito nets can be used as a low cost alternative and also provide the same effect.
● Drain Standing Water - Drain any sources of standing water around your deck. These sources include birdbaths, wading pools, and garden ponds. Standing water is the perfect breeding ground for pesky insects such as mosquitoes.
● Use Bug Lanterns and Candles - Place bug lanterns and candles a short distance away from your deck. Insects are attracted to the light from bug lanterns and will be zapped before they can reach you. Smoke from citronella candles will also deter bugs while adding a pleasant ambiance to your backyard.
● Clean up Immediately - Shortly after meals, collect all of your used dishes and utensils to bring inside. Additionally, promptly tidy up trash, crumbs, and spills from your table. Rinse out all beverage bottles and cans, and dispose these in a tightly sealed garbage container.
Are Bugs Invading Your Outdoor Space? Hire an Exterminator in Vancouver
If you are overwhelmed by an invasion of pests in your outdoor space, you need to hire a pest control service in Vancouver. At Pest Detective, we offer effective and affordable protection from a number of different insects, rodents, and other pests.
Armed with over 30 years of experience, our friendly team of experts can help you create a safe and comfortable backyard environment for all of your family and friends to enjoy.
Hire a commercial exterminator in Vancouver today by calling Pest Detective at a location near you. You can also contact our team of professionals online to ask any questions you might have about backyard pest control.